This is the latest dispute between Vinci Construction UK Ltd (“Vinci”) and Beumer Group UK Ltd (“Beumer”) to arise out of a Sub-Contract concerning development works at Gatwick Airport. In this case, Beumer sought to resist enforcement of an adjudicator’s … read more
Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
Search the site
Category Archive: Adjudication
August 7, 2018| Adjudication
Companies in liquidation have typically encountered difficulties in seeking to enforce an adjudicator’s decision in their favour. In the recent case of Michael J Lonsdale (Electrical) Ltd v Bresco Electrical Services Ltd (in Liquidation) the court addressed whether a company … read more
Adjudication, Enforcement, Payment and Winding-Up Petitions This update considers the case of Victory House General Partner Limited, Re a Company  EWHC 1143 (Ch), in which an application to restrain a winding-up petition was made following an un-paid, and enforced, … read more
When the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 was amended in October 2011, one of the key changes was that disputes arising under oral contracts could be referred to adjudication. Whilst the vast majority of businesses would probably dismiss … read more
February 28, 2018| Adjudication
ISG Construction Ltd v Seevic College (2015) and a line of authorities that followed gave rise to what has become known as the “smash and grab” claim; whereby the full amount applied for in a payment application becomes due based … read more
Recent News Articles
- Economic Torts And Piercing The Corporate Veil – Can You Make A Claim Against Former Directors?
- Challenges to Enforcement: No Breach of Natural Justice
- No Greater Liability Clauses and Collateral Warranties – When Does Limitation Expire?
- Adjudication: What if a Company is in Liquidation?
- Hawkswell Kilvington shortlisted for Niche Law Firm of the Year at the Yorkshire Legal Awards 2018