In the sixth first instance decision in the long-running dispute of Imperial Chemical Industries Limited (“ICI”) v Merit Merrell Technology Limited (“MMT”) the court assessed the quantum disputes between the parties. In an extensive judgment, the court considered a wide … read more
Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
Search the site
Category Archive: NEC3 Contracts
November 3, 2017| NEC3 Contracts
A contracting party commits a repudiatory breach of contract when it commits a breach so serious that the innocent party is deprived of substantially all the benefit of the contract. This allows the innocent party to accept the repudiatory breach, … read more
July 26, 2017| NEC3 Contracts
NEC3 contracts, with their emphasis on proactive contract management, require compensation events to be valued using forecasts of the cost of the additional work. However, it is often the case that the compensation event procedure is not operated properly and … read more
It is common for contracting parties to depart from the strict terms of their contract for their own convenience. However, as demonstrated in the recent case of Mears Limited v Shoreline Housing Partnership Limited, adopting alternative arrangements to those set … read more
Recent News Articles
- Economic Torts And Piercing The Corporate Veil – Can You Make A Claim Against Former Directors?
- Challenges to Enforcement: No Breach of Natural Justice
- No Greater Liability Clauses and Collateral Warranties – When Does Limitation Expire?
- Adjudication: What if a Company is in Liquidation?
- Hawkswell Kilvington shortlisted for Niche Law Firm of the Year at the Yorkshire Legal Awards 2018