It is widely known that the NEC3 compensation event process includes a requirement for compensation events to be notified within a specific timescale, failing which, entitlement to the compensation event in question is lost. However, the important exception to this … read more
Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
Search the site
Category Archive: Professional Consultants
Financial institutions which provide funding for construction projects often appoint a project monitor (also known as a monitoring surveyor) to provide them with independent advice on the project and the risks associated with it. This allows the funder to make … read more
One of the most important issues for contractors to consider when entering into contracts is the level of responsibility they will assume in relation to design. This is a complex issue which has important implications for professional indemnity insurance cover … read more
Defective construction work is often more than one party’s fault. English law allows the employer to pursue any or all of the parties responsible for a defect, regardless of the extent to which they contributed to it. If the employer … read more
In the recent case of Elvanite Full Circle Limited v AMEC Earth & Environment (UK) Limited, Elvanite sued AMEC for loss of profit on a failed property development transaction, but was unable to recover damages because AMEC had limited its … read more
Recent News Articles
- Economic Torts And Piercing The Corporate Veil – Can You Make A Claim Against Former Directors?
- Challenges to Enforcement: No Breach of Natural Justice
- No Greater Liability Clauses and Collateral Warranties – When Does Limitation Expire?
- Adjudication: What if a Company is in Liquidation?
- Hawkswell Kilvington shortlisted for Niche Law Firm of the Year at the Yorkshire Legal Awards 2018