Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
Search the site
Hawkswell Kilvington we are committed to providing a high quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards and ensure that you are getting the service you deserve.
If you are dissatisfied with the level of service you have received, we need you to write to us so that we can find a solution to your problem. You should send details of your complaint to Thomas Salter at Hawkswell Kilvington Limited, 17 Navigation Court, Calder Park, Wakefield, WF2 7BJ.
What will happen once we receive your written complaint?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of us receiving your complaint. If necessary, we will ask you to provide us with further details/information. We will also let you know who will be handling the matter.
- We will start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve us reviewing the matter file and speaking with the legal adviser(s)/partner(s) who acted on your behalf.
- Following our investigation, we will send you a detailed response within 28 days from the date of your original complaint or, where we have asked you for further information, within 14 days of our receiving that information from you. Our final response will state the outcome of our investigation. If we require more time to investigate the matter, we will notify you and confirm when we will contact you next.
- If you are not satisfied by our detailed response, we will refer the matter to our Managing Partner to review the decision. We will write to you within fourteen days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied at the end of our own complaints process, you are entitled to contact the Legal Ombudsman. You should do this within six months of receiving our final written decision on your complaint. The address to contact is:
PO Box 6806
Any feedback which enables us to improve our services is very welcome.